Friday, December 16, 2011

L train.

I don't think I was the only one that got screwed by the L train tonight.  I waited while we were stalled in the station for a good 35 minutes or more.  When they started letting people out, the guy next to me said, "Good luck getting home..."  I didn't know if that was sarcastic or friendly.  Hard to tell with hipsters. 

In some weird way, though, I didn't really mind the wait, the exile off the train, the quarantine to Manhattan.  I was strangely hoping for a long walk tonight.  And I didn't make it to my friend's show, didn't get to hang with my posse, and was forced to walk the length of 14th St....  That was sublime.  It's probably the first time, and most likely the last time, that I will have referred to 14th St. as sublime, but at the moment, I couldn't have asked for more.

Well... there were a few things missing, but... I try to count my blessings.

Here we go, Day 124: https://ia600805.us.archive.org/7/items/Improv121611/12_16_119_17Pm.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment