Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Raspberries.

There are those extra-sensory days when everything gets tickled.

I had a lot of work to do the past couple of days, but I've been on this kick lately of being completely consumed by Ravel's Ondine.  I just can't stop thinking about it, and all I want to do all day long is play it.  So even when I was eating lunch, or teaching, or emailing, I felt a magnetism to play Ondine.  Even after all these years of playing and practicing, playing and practicing, I still feel like a kid with a new toy when I get to play music. And believe it or not, I've been trying to wake up earlier just so I can have more time to work on it.  That's love, people.

So Ondine succeeded in sweeping me out to a sea of dreamy auditory and emotional bliss.

And then, I finally took my new (used) skateboard on its maiden voyage, which was super fun.  I hadn't been on one in about 15 years, and though I definitely lost some reckless abandon since then, I think it won't be long til I'm riding about town dropping off packages at the post office and so forth.  Then it started to rain gently.  So imagine me riding my skateboard up and down Riverside Park with the moon shining off the water, and a light smattering of raindrops feathering my hair and face on a quiet, empty evening.  Bliss.

And THEN, I was forced to borrow a few dollars and beckoned to notice the raspberries at Fairway.  And being a total sucker for pretty faces and raspberries, I went ahead and got 2 beautiful boxes.  Fresh raspberries for me are the quintessential favorite food.  I once was asked, "If you were to be offered $500 or a box of freshly picked raspberries, which would you pick?"  And I said, "Are the raspberries organic?"  Seriously, on my birthday, bring me a carton of raspberries and a bouquet of daffodils.  (They're like, the cheapest flowers out there in that season.)  You will be my favorite person for the rest of the year.  Bliss.

Here we go, Day 150: https://ia600804.us.archive.org/0/items/Improv11112/1_11_128_58Pm.mp3

p.s. This is probably the closest thing to a pop song I've ever done.  Fair warning.

2 comments:

  1. you are the best writer, mary!!! now i will listen to your pop-ish tune ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, anonymous stranger! :)

    ReplyDelete