Sunday, September 25, 2011

Opus 27, No. 1

One of my favorite pieces ever is the Chopin Nocturne in c# minor, Opus 27, No. 1.  It is lovely.  Whenever I think to sit down and play it, I always become entranced by its sublime beauty.  In my humble opinion, it is the best Nocturne of them all.

Anyway, today, I unintentionally started my improv with something very reminiscent of this piece.  It was kind of a change of pace to improvise something on a classical piece that I already know.  Makes sense, though.  I was sent a few clips of improvisation on the Goldberg Variations just the other day.  So I feel like I am allowed to do this, too. :)

I had actually done a few of these today.  The first was probably the most interesting, had more harmonic changes, but had plenty of "mistakes".  The last was a lot tighter, and with more confident direction.  More with inner voices, as well.  It had a lot of beautiful sounds, but I think it was just a bit too plain, so I'll put the mistake-riddled one on here.

Here we go, Day 42: https://ia700704.us.archive.org/0/items/Improv92511/9_25_118_27Pm.mp3

And picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment