Thursday, September 22, 2011

Amelia Earhart.

Gavin, thinking that this might be an absurd assumption, said, "so you write about Amelia Earhart."  Being a Smarty McSmartypants, I, of course, had to title tonight's entry after her.

I could write about her, but I think most of you, or all of you, already know what I know about her.  She was a pretty slick lady.  Inspirational, even.  So today's picture, anyway, will be:


And a good Amelia Earhart quote, that I find quite pertinent to my improv project: "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.  The fears are paper tigers.  You can do anything you decide to do.  You can act to change and control your life;  and the procedure, the process is its own reward."
 
I got my kombucha scoby today in the mail.  I just started my first batch.  I'm pretty pumped.  Yes, I drink bacteria.  But it's tasty, fermented, carbonated bacteria!  Yum, yum!

I'm starting to feel a little bit more comfortable with my improvisations.  In addition to my kombucha, I also got Slonimsky's Thesaurus of Scales and Melodic Patterns today on Russ' recommendation, and practiced a little from the first page.  You might note that I used the first scale in today's improv.  It felt quite nice!

Here we go, Day 39: https://ia600708.us.archive.org/6/items/Improv92211/9_22_117_04Pm.mp3

1 comment:

  1. Same with this one! Write a piece or at least jot down the motive for future development. I like the rhythmic aspects too...

    ReplyDelete