Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stillness.

With absolutely no direction or self-inspiration tonight, I relied on good friend Takemitsu for some musings.  Although not profoundly familiar with his work, the stuff that I do know is wonderful.  Really beautiful.

When I try to do it, though, I end up standing still.  When I'm playing it, it feels very meditative, but when I listen back, I'm usually pretty disgruntled that it is devoid of direction.  It's a little bit frustrating.  But these days are part of it.  The disappointing moments.  They happen often.  And it's when we dwell on them do they create melancholy.  Better to accept shortcomings in their brief occurances, and move on.

Here we go, Day 107: https://ia600800.us.archive.org/30/items/Improv112911/11_29_118_55Pm.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment